Join one of our online courses
With You offers a range of free online courses for people who want to improve their mental wellbeing.
You don’t need a referral from your GP but you do need to be:
- aged 17 or over
- registered with a GP in Surrey or Kent
What courses we offer
We have a rolling programme of online mental wellbeing courses. Once you register, we'll get in touch to discuss which upcoming course would be most appropriate for you.
Managing low mood
This 4-week course helps you to:
- understand what keeps low mood and depression going, and how you can break those vicious cycles
- build a balanced daily routine to boost your motivation
- develop a more positive mindset by understanding and challenging your critical inner voice
This 5-week course helps you to:
- understand what keeps anxiety and panic going, and how you can break those vicious cycles
- understand the physical sensations you experience with anxiety and why they happen
- learn practical techniques to help you relax and ground you in the present moment
Managing stress and anxiety
This 4-week course helps you to:
- understand what keeps stress and anxiety going, and how you can break those vicious cycles
- learn how to manage difficult or worrisome thoughts
- develop helpful ways to cope with stressful life circumstances
Managing anxiety and low mood
This 6-week course helps you to understand and better manage your mental health. It provides a toolbox of practical techniques and skills to support your wellbeing and improve your mental health.
What else our courses can help with
As well as stress, anxiety and low mood our courses can help with things like:
- sleep problems
- worries about your health
- anxiety in social situations
- managing long-term health conditions
Weekly group sessions are led by our trained practitioners and based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
What is CBT?
CBT is a talking therapy that helps you understand the link between your thoughts, emotions and behaviour. It uses practical techniques to challenge and change unhelpful patterns for better mental health.
Evidence shows it is effective for a wide range of problems, including stress, insomnia, anxiety and depression.
Initially I was sceptical about a group meeting, but I feel this helped me more than one to one sessions that I've done before"– With You client
Benefits of joining a group
Being part of a group allows you to share advice and support with other people.
It can be reassuring to know you’re not the only one experiencing difficulties.
You can also ask our trained therapists questions and get personal feedback on your progress.
You can talk as little or as much as you like.
However, we find people tend to benefit more when they talk in the group, read the course materials, work through exercises and try things out.
I liked that it was easy to access and I was able to do this from the comfort of home. It helps protect my anonymity"– With You client
How long the courses last
Our online courses run for between four and eight weeks, depending on which one you join.
Sessions last for 1-2 hours each week.
You can join from home or from a quiet place at work. You just need:
- a phone, tablet or laptop
- a good internet connection
- a Google account
How to register for a course
If you think one of our courses would be helpful for you, just fill in our short registration form and book a short introductory call.
One of our trained staff will then get in touch to discuss the group in more detail and help you decide if it’s right for you.
If it's not, we can help you explore other options.